If you like to eat healthy, whole foods, but still love a good chocolaty snack, this raw protein balls recipe is for you!
Some call them “bliss balls” others “protein balls”, but no matter what you call them, you will fall in love with their deliciousness. Plus, they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar free AND portable. Plus plus, they are ridiculously simple to make.
It’s essentially a two-step process. Blend, and roll. That’s it! And with only five ingredients (all of which I always have on hand) these protein balls are now one of my all-time favourite desserts to make.
Little back-story: My first foray into bliss balls had them accompanying me to a family BBQ with a backyard full of people who consider chia, tahini and cacao words for weirdos. I had no idea how they’d go over. But, I’m not lying when I say: EVERYBODY loved them. In fact, they asked me to bring some more next time. So, there you go. Dessert doesn’t have to be devilish.
- ¼ cup nut butter and/or tahini
- ¼ cup cacao
- ½ cup dates (pit removed)
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Blend all ingredients in food a processor
- Remove the mixture from the processor and mix into small balls.
- Coat balls in toppings of your choice (i.e.: sesame seeds, cacao nibs, shredded coconut - anything that floats your boat!)
- Impress your family and friends.