Cheers to wellness with what kind of reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream!
A layered chia pudding parfait is a great way to start the day. Even though it looks like dessert , it’s still really healthy- for real. The chocolate layer is avocado, cacao powder, a date and some water while the pink layer is raspberry, banana, lime, avocado and water. The chia pudding is made with chia seeds, coconut milk and just a touch of maple syrup. It’s like a pretty cup of fibre. How sexy is that?!!
- ¼ c whole chia seeds
- 1 ½ c nut or seed milk
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- ½ tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- Mix chia, milk and maple syrup in a 2 cup mason jar and stir or shake vigorously. Leave to sit for at least 15 minutes or, up to overnight in the fridge! Chia will soak up all that liquid.
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 pitted medjool date
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp filtered water (or enough to achieve desired consistency)
- Blend until smooth (add filtered water if necessary)
- ½ c frozen raspberries
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ avocado
- ½ lime (peeled)
- 1 tsp flaxseeds or chia seeds (optional)
- Blend until smooth, add filtered water if necessary.