It’s that time of year when millions take to the internet to declare their undying love for Pumpkin Spice Lattes from you know where.
I wanted to partake in the fun in my own signature style, which you likely know by now is to make it into a smoothie. Since the popular PSL doesn’t actually have any pumpkin in it, I’m giving you this easy and delicious recipe that obviously includes fall’s signature squash as the main ingredient.
Besides the fact that it’s packed with fibre, beta-carotene and healthy fats from coconut, flax and hemp, the other great thing about my PS smoothie is that is can easily be served hot as well.
You can roast up some pumpkin and puree yourself, but if you’re crunched for time, a good organic canned pumpkin puree will do just fine! That’s what I’m using here. You can also play around with the spices I’ve used adding more or less to suit your taste and add a few fun additions like cloves or black pepper if adventure is your middle name 😉
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ frozen banana
- 1-2 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup (if desired).
- Place all these delicious ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smoothie. (Enjoy cool, or place in a small saucepan and heat gently until warm.)