If you’re looking for a quicker, more nutritious and less starchy type of rice, look no further than your humble head of cauliflower. It’s one of my most favourite, versatile veggies. You already know how I love my roasted popcorn cauliflower bites and how easily it integrates into a vegan cheese sauce, but if you haven’t already been turned onto the cauliflower “rice” craze, now’s your chance!
Cauliflower rice can be achieved in several different methods:
- Hand grated: Just grate on box grater on largest holes.
- Food processor: Remove inner stem and leaves and cut into florets. Process with “s” blade until it’s fine little rice-like bits.
- Blender: Add florets with enough water to cover. Blend until fine. Drain water from cauliflower “rice”.
- - 1 head cauliflower (processed into cauliflower “rice”)
- - 3 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- - 2 tbsp smashed capers
- - ½ cup diced black olives
- Simple Dressing:
- - 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- - 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- - ¼ c olive oil
- - ¼ tsp sea salt and pepper taste
- Mix all dressing ingredients in small mason jar and shake until well blended.
- In large bowl combine cauliflower rice with black olives, oregano and capers. Mix well.
- Add dressing to “rice” mixture and stir to combine. Serve raw or give a quick sauté in fry pan to serve cooked.